Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 01:45:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
To:        Jason Lewis <jlewis@cc.weber.edu>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp

> Ok.  I tried this and found out that my router is intermittant.  I
> suspect that I need more ram than 8 Mb.  I could not find anything on how
> much is needed with a router and ppp.  I think I need atleast 32M for the
> box to work with routing.  Any insite on this?

You should be able to do this with 16, and probably 8....  The stuff
simply isn't that big, especially if you strip it (dunno if it does this
by default.)  If I can get diskless X terminals running in 16 megs, a
router shouldn't be that hard - make sure your kernel doesn't have extra
junk in it, and kill any programs that you don't need...

mike