Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 04:06:00 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Clemens Hermann <haribeau@gmx.de>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 'mly' driver update/bugfix snapshot available

> > Well, mostly.  Can you pull another disk while it's rebuilding, so that
> > the array goes completely offline?  I want to be sure that CAM correctly
> > kills da0.
>
> can it be done with da1? da0 is the system and I did not configure the
> backup yet :)

Heh.  Yes, da1 would be fine for the test.

> Later on I re-inserted both of them.
> The logs are attached.

Ok.  I note that CAM didn't kill da1; that's bad.  I'll have to work that
out at some point.

> > Aside from that though, yes, this looks better. 8)
>
> Would you recommend using this driver instead of the old one with
> Markus' Patch on a production server?

I'm not certain, yet.  Neither of them are interfacing very well to CAM
when it comes to drive failures.  The newer driver will perform a little
better, and IMO is better-behaved, but it has had less testing.  I will
be continuing to support this driver and eventually commit it within a
few weeks; I just need to get my keys. 8)

Regards,
Mike