Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2012 23:46:05 +0100
From:      David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Applications crashing with "failed to create drawable"

Hello,

There is a lot of applications that fails to run with the error :

"failed to create drawable"

This happens with a Radeon 4330 with the ati driver.

I noticed that I had WITH_NEW_XORG in my make.conf, so I removed it and
downgrade to the legacy Xorg. Now XFCE4 is not usable anymore with the
following error :

Fatal server error:
exaGetPixmapFirstPixel called for invalid bpp 1

I rebuilt libdrm, libGLU, libGL and xorg-server but can't get it working
again, however with an other WM there is no problem, and no more "failed to
create drawable" error. Should I rebuilt all Xorg and libraries to solve
this second problem?

Please cc me, I'm not on the list.

Cheers

--