Date:      Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:06:58 -0500
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware question - WAN port for FreeBSD router!

At 10:05 AM 03/01/2001, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>Please forgive me if this post is altogether in the wrong place, but I need
>help finding a certain piece of hardware.
>
>I have a number of firewalls running (very happily) on FreeBSD.  Each one is
>connected on the outside NIC to a Cisco 1601 Router, which is connected in
>turn to an NTU etc....
>
>I am sure I could save a lot by installing a WAN card directly into the BSD
>firewall, thereby doing without the Router altogether - FreeBSD can do all
>the routing I need after all!
>
>So - is there such a WAN serial card available?  And (most important) one
>which is supported by the necessary BSD drivers?

www.etinc.com

V.35, EIA-530, X.21, RS-232, HSSI. Support for FreeBSD v3.4, v4.1 and v4.2.
PPP, Frame Relay (1024 DLCIs per line), densities to 4 ports per line, 16
ports per system.

All cards include integrated Bandwidth Management software. We also sell
complete prebuilt !U routers with up to 4 ports with complete GUI management.

Dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.

http://www.etinc.com
ISA and PCI T1/T3/V35/HSSI Cards for FreeBSD and LINUX
Multiport T1 and HSSI/T3 UNIX-based Routers
Bandwidth Management Standalone Systems
Bandwidth Management software for LINUX and FreeBSD