Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 06:55:59 +0000
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Word format handbook

First, If you are on the docs list please cc: me. I do not subscribe to the
docs mailing list.

I recall about a week ago there was some lengthy disscussion about
different document formats on the questions list. This week I decided that
I wanted a hard copy of the handbook. Easier said than done.

I am hoping that since I could not figure out whether or not my printer was
postscript compatible, that it is not postscript compatible. If it turns
out that my printer is ps compatible then I just wasted a lot of time.

I got the ascii handbook of the the server. But when I loaded it up the
formatting was very haywire. After trying several types of files
conversions I started to realize why the document format discussion was so
lengthy.

Word 'auto-format' sucks! So I had to be more crafty

I made a word format doc which is reasonably well formatted. I made a word
macro which might be able to be applied to future versions of the handbook
with good success. It even has a fully functional table of contents.

Does anyone want the macro or the word format of the handbook?

Does the FreeBSD documentation project want the word format of the handbook?

Later,
Jason Wells
 __   __
/ 0\ / 0\         Thank you * Highperformance.net
     )     Wannabe Sysadmin * The homeless domain
)-------(       Jason Wells * "Pardon me sir, spare some bandwidth?"
 \_____/