Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 22:26:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   anyone care to explain the locking?

specifically, my DEVFS causes problems on reboot.
the sequence is:
reboot->boot->vfs_unmountall->dounmount->lockmgr->aquiredrain->tsleep

I'm slowly working my way through this, but it would save me a LOT of
grief if someone would tell me who is supposed to set the condition
that aquiredrain() is waiting for?

In other words what should DEVFS do
so that the tsleep() doesn't get called?
(or at least DOES finish)
at the moment, I need to hit reset.
it's ok becasue all FSs are sync()'d already, but it's a pain.

so I guess my question is:
"What the heck is 'aquiredrain' aquiring?"

julian