Date:      Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:39:31 -0500
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "postfix-current" broken on amd64 platform

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 03:48:49 -0800
perryh@pluto.rain.com articulated:

> Pav Lucistnik <pav@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > The build jails are configured to have only IPv4 address on lo0,
> > but the host have both IPv4 and IPv6 configured on its lo0.
>
> Even disregarding RFC3513, is an IPv6-enabled kernel without an IPv6
> address on lo0 a realistic configuration for a "real" FreeBSD system?
> If not, I'd think it worthwhile to make pointyhat more realistic.
> (Either way, it seems unobjectionable to improve the robustness of
> postfix, making it more liberal in what it accepts.)
>
> > Changing the jail configuration is possible but if a reasonable
> > workaround can be made in postfix-current port I'd prefer not to
> > touch pointyhat configuration (unexpected consequences and all
> > that...)
>
> It may be a bit late in the 9.0 release cycle to be messing with the
> pointyhat configuration, but an adjustment might be considered after
> 9.0-RELEASE is done.

"postfix-current" --  2.9.20111012,4 has been unmarked BROKEN on amd64
and builds without incident. I hope the actual current version, ie
postfix-2.9-20111117.tar.gz will be in the ports system soon.

I would like to thank Sahil Tandon <sahil@FreeBSD.org> for his efforts
in getting this valuable port problem corrected.

Interestingly enough, and I cannot prove it to anyone's satisfaction,
but I did mention to a colleague that if I posted on the ports forum
regrading this problem and could get Wietse involved, the problem would
be corrected within 24 hours.

--
Jerry ♔