Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2006 10:53:46 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ports that generate version numbers dynamically

--------------enigADE27330A92ECF5C653AEB48

Dear list,

One of the targets I have for the next release of my FreeBSD::Portindex
package is to handle certain exceptional ports where the port version
generated programatically: ie. without any modification to files from the=

port, or from any related master port. At the moment I know of precisely
two such:

    net-p2p/py-kenosis-bittorrent     (derives version from net-p2p/py-ke=
nosis)
    security/vulnerability-test-port  (uses date(1))

Does anyone know of any other similar examples I should be dealing with
in the same fashion?

Regular master/slave relationships between ports are already handled -- s=
if say, files under databases/mysql50-server are modified, then the INDEX=

entry for databases/mysql50-client port will also need to updated.  No ne=
ed
to tell me about any of those sort of ports.

	Cheers

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Flat 3