Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:55:50 +0400 (MSD)
From:      pavel@inr.net.kiae.su (Pavel A. Novikov)
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   AHA 2740 problem.

Dear sirs,
I got a hard problem while trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE.
I will be very thankfull if you give me some advice.

Machine:
IBM 486DX-50/AHA-2740 EISA-SCSI/32M RAM
Problem description:
While booting the installation floppy I always got the message
ahc0: brkint  Illegal Host Access at seqaddr 0x0
This message appeares on all machines of the same configuration.
Driver bug?

Note:  While power up the computer it sais AHA 2740, but a piece
of paper on the microchip sais that it is AHA 2742AT. Do not know
if it is rather different.

There were no problem with AHA 2940 PCI-SCSI.

Thank you.
Pavel A. Novikov <pavel@inr.net.kiae.su>