Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:29:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        Nathan Stratton <nathan@robotics.net>
Cc:        Daniel Henry <pchenry@koyote.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ccd help  Was: Re: $500 Reward for help !!!!

I dont know what 'none' is doing ccd can either concatenate two
drives to increase the space available (flag = 0) or mirror 2 drives
(flag = 6) for the same space but increased reliability

if none means '0' if one of your disk is dead you only have a half of your
file system. if it means '6' the entire file system is available on
one of your disks

I have no time immediately but I'll try to see what 'none' means this
evening.

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Nathan Stratton wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Didier Derny wrote:
>
> > if he is using ccd you only have to reconfigure /etc/ccd.conf with the
> > remaining disk
>
> I am using ccd, I was able to get /etc out of my corrupted backup. My
> ccd.conf when it worked looked like this:
>
> ccd0	512	none	/dev/wd2c /dev/wd3c
>
> > (it worked find for me)
>
> Well I put ccd in the kernel, but noticed there was not /dev/ccd stuff in
> /dev so I did a ./MAKEDEV ccd0 that created ccd0a,b,c,d,e, but no ccd0
> file. I was worried aobut that, but there also was not ccd0 in the old
> system.

on my machine the files are configured as ccd0 but I'm using ccd0c