Date:      Wed, 12 Oct 2016 21:37:54 -0400
From:      michael smith <themyke3@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   zfs question

Hello all,

So i botched my upgrade from Freebsd 9.1 to 10.0 and I can now only boot
into single user mode.  Unfortunately, the server's CD drive is not working
nor does it seem to want to boot from usb.  So after poking around the boot
menu, I decided to boot into sata port B.  Fortunately, I had the foresight
a while back to setup a simple zfs array and the system booted and when I
ran:

sysctl -n kern.osrelease kern.ostype

I got:

10.0-RELEASE-p18

The question is, if I continue with the upgrade on this disc, will it
propagate to the first disk or will I cause irreparable damage?