Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 1998 09:17:47 -0600 (MDT)
From:      R Ricci <R.Ricci@m.cc.utah.edu>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VERY strange network(?) problem

Looking through the messages files, there are no messags about mbuf
cluseters. This kernel was not compiled with NMBCLUSTERS, and maxusers is
set at 50. Our webserver is relatively low-volume, serving only a few
thousand hits/day, and supplying mail and DNS for about two hundred
people. I would happily recompile the kernel (in fact, I'm doing so right
now ith 75 maxusers) it it will solve this problem.

Here's another tidbit to add to the confusion: I can telnet in and `cat
/var/log/maillog`, which is pretty long, without a problem, but if I try
to cat my mail file, it stalls after about a dozen lines. Even if I move
this mail file into the /var/log directory, so that it is on the same
drive as the mailllog, it still stalls in almost exactly the same place.

Robert Ricci
rricci@theonlynet.com