Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2006 09:50:37 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update the src ?

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 05:39:00AM -0800, Colin Percival wrote:
> Scott Robbins wrote:
> > Mr. Percival, do you
> > think it might be worthwhile adding a one or two line explanation that
> > it doesn't support CURRENT, STABLE or PRERELEASE to either the man page
> > or the config file (as those are the two places I think people are most
> > likely to check.)?
>
> Sounds like a good idea.  Would you like to suggest some text to be added
> to the manual page?

Something simple.  (I actually tried to make a patch but I'm not sure
what I did to groff--it came out with a bunch of junk at the top.)

Perhaps, in the description section, a second sentence saying, "Please
note that freebsd-update only works with RELEASE, not CURRENT, STABLE
or PRE-RELEASE."

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Hey, I know! Why don't you kill them?
Giles: I'm a Watcher, I haven't the skill.
Buffy: Oh, come on. A stake through the heart, a little sunlight.
It's like falling off a log.