Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 08:32:25 -0300
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E1rcio?= Carlos <marcioc@solar.com.br>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   --> Big Problem...

Hello,

    I'd like you to reply directly to my e-mail. I am subscribed to a
local list here, but it is not working this weekend, and I DO NEED an
urgent help here.

    I installed FreeBSD in a P 133 box, with 128 RAM, SCSI AHA-2XXX, HD
SCSI 2Gb.

    Everything was great ! I installed the system, booted, installed a
lot of packages, installed windowmaker, configured a lot of
applications, XFreem etc... Everything was working great, but when I dia
a final reboot, the system starts to probe the hardware, and after the
message "waiting for SCSI devices to probe", the system stops. After
some seconds, the system says something like (i don't remeber the exact
message now) : "insuficient file descriptos", and asks that shells
prompt, but I cannot do much things. mount all works, but I cannot do
anithing further, if I exit nothing happens.

    I'd like some help here, I don't know what's gooing on, and if I
reinstall the system, who knows what will happens ?

Thanks,
    Alex Antao.