Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 1995 07:03:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul>
To:        freebsd-current, freebsd-hackers
Subject:   soft cursor bitmasks need adjusting

This may be a symptom of something in the works, so I'm going to ask about
it here before I start worrying about it too much:

The most recent set of syscons fixes seem to have taken care of the
'cursor disappears during kernel printf()s' bug, but now there's another
problem: with the normal white on black screen color attributes,
positioning the cursor over a character on the screen causes said
character to be obscured. Put another way, if you move the white cursor
over a white foreground character, the foreground attributes are supposed
to be adjusted so that the character is visible through the cursor.
The case of 'white background/white cursor' is supposed to be handled
in a similar fashion. In fact, the 'white background/white cursor' case seems
to be handled correctly, but the 'white foreground/white cursor' case
is not.

Again, I realize this may only be temporary breakage due to work in
progress, but I wanted to be sure it didn't go unnoticed. I happen to
be a chronic tcsh and vi user, so I notice it all the time. :)

-Bill