Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:42:38 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD certified software (was: WordPerfect 8 for Linux)

Terry Lambert wrote:

> I still think there is a need for a FreeBSD "install presence" on
> the distributed commercial software.  It's not like you'd be
> asking for a large portion of CDROM realestate.
>
> It's not a hard requirement, but it should be strongly encouraged.

I agree, if they're going to put one of our logos on their product, they
should include the installer on the media.  If we're "advertising" their
product(s) on the FreeBSD web pages, we certainly don't have much leverage
to force the installer onto their media.

The "Designed for FreeBSD", or "Pure FreeBSD" category already assumes a
FreeBSD install program, of course.

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                      +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com