Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 14:57:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Chris <admin@redshells.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: zmodem protocol?

> Has anybody heard anything about possible security flaws in "lrzsz" ?
> Heres a short desciption from the website: "lrzsz is a unix
> communication package providing the XMODEM, YMODEM ZMODEM file transfer
> protocols." And the website: http://www.ohse.de/uwe/software/lrzsz.html

Could you be thinking of the Omen Technology programs that do the same
thing?

	@Remove rzsz, I've tolerated this for far too long but when it starts
	mailing stuff out automatically, it is just too much.  Please use
	lrzsz, zmtx-zmrx or any other free alternative.
	If nothing else works, you can always compile rzsz from the original
	source.

	--(the former) ports/comms/rzsz/Attic/Makefile,v

As I recall, the Omen programs sent e-mail back to Omen if the user hadn't
registered the software properly.
--
Trevor Johnson
http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt