Date:      17 Aug 1995 12:55:26 -0400
From:      Giancarlo.Volpato@pwc.utc.com (Volpato Giancarlo)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation Problem

Hi,
  I've recently purchased 'Free BSD 2.0'. My installation of this product on my
 486 pc is not progressing.

A brief description of the target system is as follows:
 - Intel 486 / 33 MHz CPU
 - 8 Mb RAM
 - Boca IDE controller
 - 2 IDE 1.2 Gb Hard Disks (Maxtor)
 - Adaptec SCSI controller
 - 1 SCSI 200 Mb Hard Disk (Maxtor)
 - 1 Toshiba CDROM drive
 - Sound Blaster Pro Sound Card w/panasonic CDROM drive

Preferably I would like to use the entire 2nd IDE hard disk for BSD Unix, the
 first occupied by DOS. The install goes fine until I accept to 'Proceed'.
 Within a minute, an error occurs and bounces me out of the install. The
 following is the error message that is reported:

1) Install (using standard install)

   Exec (/stand/newfs)failed, code = 9216
   Progress <newfs /dev/rwd0h>
   write error : 204543
   wtfs : Input/Output error

2) Install (using 'fix')

   Exec (/stand/newfs)failed, code = 8
   Progress <fsck -y /dev/rwd0g>
   ** /dev/rwd0g
   BAD SUPER BLOCK: MAGIC NUMBER WRONG

PS: Can the dual boot support 3 Operating systems? I would like to use my 3rd
 (SCSI) hard drive for OS2. If this can be accomplished, could you explain this
 procedure.

Thanks,

  Carlo Volpato

  Voice: 514-677-9411  ext. 3131