Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 08:23:11 -0600 CDT
From:      "Larry Dolinar" <larryd@bldg1.croute.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPAM -- Aren't you the person....? (fwd)

And the clouds parted on 24 Mar 97, and Andrew Perry
<andrew@python.shoal.net.au> said:

>how many people on the lists have received this stuped spam in the last few
>hours? I received it 3 times in a few seconds, once on an account which
>i've only used to send about 3 mail messages, 2 of them to the lists.
>
>Is it possible that someone is spamming the list somehow? Or querying
>majordomo for the addresses? Although the one account which i've only used
>for a few messages wasn't even subscribed to the list.
>
>any ideas anyone?

I haven't seen it yet, but I filter my mail from this list on a Windoze box
at work, and nothing's turned up in my miscellaneous folder.

It's just the standard pyramid scheme, with more fancy justifications.
Trace the mail if you can and notify their ISP.