Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 09:46:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ben Salem <ben177@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ldconfig is missing, and ld.so failure upon starting X-Windows.

Just recently I was experimenting with my /var file system, moving it
around from /var to /usr/var and making symlinks, I don't know if this
would have anything to do with the problem I am having now, but it
seemed to occur around the same time.  /var currently resides as it's
own file system on /var.

Here is my problem:

When I first boot, I get this after the kernel output

Setting ldconfig path: /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat
/usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib
ldconfig: not found

And a few more lines down I get this:

rc.i386 configuring syscons:  keymapkbd control:  keymap file not
found:  No such file or directory.

I don't know if the two problems are related.

The first problem mentioned however, actually poses a problem when I
try and start windows, when I do I get this:

ls.so failed:  can't find shared library "libXmu.so.6.0"

I did a search for libXmu.so.6.0, and it exists in two different
places, I don't remeber the paths.

Currently I am baffelled, if anyone has suggestions or a solution to
this, I would be more the greatfull to hear it.   Sorry if this is more
than you needed to know.

Thanks,
Ben Salem
ben177@yahoo.com