Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2004 15:19:27 -0700
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with 5.2.1-REL, ports and openssl

Hello,

I have seen now a few times this problem and wonder whats going on.
Right now I got two machines, installed with 5.2.1-RELENG, ports
cvsup'ed early enough today to get for example 1.13 of bsd.openssl.mk
and the other one later to have gotten bsd.openssl.mk version 1.15.

But I am not sure if bsd.openssl.mk itself is the culprit, as I had
another machine in the last 1-2 weeks which had the same problem and
judging by the dates, it would have been bsd.openssl.mk 1.13 too.

Now here is the problem itself:

Machine one, bsd.openssl.mk I try to compile bind9 from ports.
It finds (correctly) libcrypto.3 (in /usr/lib).

Machine two, bsd.openssl.mk I try to compile bind9 from ports.
It finds no /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.3 (which is correct, but it
shouldn't have looked for libcrypto.3 in /usr/local/lib).

/etc/make.conf has nothing set about openssl. on the other machine
I had issues I fixed it by defining OPENSSLBASE in /etc/make.conf
(I think it was OPENSSLBASE).

Anyone have an idea whats going on that bsd.openssl.mk thinks it
should be not be using the base openssl ?

--
Regards, Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-865-0204
You can find my resume at: http://seven.Alameda.net/~ulf/resume.html