Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:44:36 +0200
From:      David MAREC <david.marec@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: print/cups-base 1.2.0_2 and locally connected printer

Le lundi 26 juin 2006 04:18, Rick Voland a =E9crit=A0:

> It seems to be a permissions thing.

I have the same problem running FreeBSD 6.1.
A few weeks ago, =ABcups=BB stopped printing through local ports while  =AB=
lpd=BB=20
d=E6mon was still working.
( maybe, as soon as i removed cups-lpr from the system )

> Now, I can print to the parallel port.  I didn't have to do this with
> print/cups-base 1.1.23.0_9.

Setting =ABrw=BB permissions to group and others to that device allows =ABc=
upsd =BB=20
to work through local ports.
Setting =ABrw=BB permissions to group only, does'nt.

Is there new device policies defined by cups ?

=2D-=20
David Marec						www.diablotins.org
http://david.marec.free.fr				www.fr.freebsd.org/fr