Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:24:20 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nautilus eating 1 CPU and doing lots of I/O

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:13 AM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:03 PM, Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com> wro=
te:

>> Since I updated nautilus a few days ago I am seeing very odd behavior.
>>
>> When I open a nautilus window, I see my CPUs at 20-25% load, mostly in n=
autilus. I/O jumps from near zero to several MBps,. It varies in the ones I=
 tried between 4 and 16 MBps depending on the number of files (not folders)=
. ktrace shows lots of reads returning "Resource temporarily unavailable". =
I also note that most of my thumbnails are not showing up, just the generic=
 icons for the file type. I'm guessing some issue with finding, loading or =
generating the thumbnails.

>> I have no idea what to look for to provide any real data or to track thi=
s.

> I just noticed this post to ports@ made earlier today pointing out the
> problem, but not a good solution.
> :
> Sergio de Almeida Lenzi Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:42:16 -0700
>
> Hello,,
>
> On update ports via svn from 2013-03-10 to today,
> after a portmaster -a, the system (gnome2)
> stopped to show any thumbnails..
>
> The main reason is that it writes the thumbnail
> in .thumbnails/normal/xxxxxxx.png
> but than tries to read it from .cache/thumbnails/normal/xxxxxxxxx.png
>
> Can some "nautilus guru"  tell me how to fix this???
>
> for now I create a liink in the .cache/thumbnails -> ./thumbnails  this
> works
> but is not a solution...

That is very weird problem. Gotta figure where the .cache is at one of
port. Must be one of kwm's recently update.