Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:35:37 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linuxlator on PowerPC

Quoting Super Bisquit <superbisquit@gmail.com> (from Tue, 13 Mar 2012
11:33:01 -0400):

> Has Linux emulation on PowerPC been tested?
> Also, if the required dependencies are downloaded, would the creation of a
> $PATH/Linux directory be sufficient for the executing of binaries?

I don't know about the kernel side on PowerPC (there was no discussion
about this on emulation@, I've just seen some SVN commits regarding
it, but I don't remember to have seen it going into HEAD), but the
userland side should not be $PATH/Linux, it's /compat/linux (which
normally should be a symlink to /usr/compat/linux). And it is not as
easy as "downloading it", if you really talk about a linux_base like
behavior. If you just want to give it a try (e.g. in a chroot), a copy
of an existing linux system would be a good start.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Two can Live as Cheaply as One for Half as Long.
		-- Howard Kandel