Date:      Tue, 5 May 2009 17:04:17 +0200
From:      Armin Pirkovitsch <a.pirko@inode.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Yavuz =?utf-8?Q?Ma=C5=9Flak?= <yavuz.maslak@netiletisim.net>
Subject:   Re: How can I extract differences between 2 folders ?

First of all I suppose you're talking about 2 files, not folders.
In which case the command you're using isn't looking so bad since it
shows the differences between file "a" and file "b":

 > diff --suppress-common-lines -w -y a b
 abcde                                                         | xyasz

But since you do not seem to be happy with the output - what should it
look like?

Armin

--
Armin Pirkovitsch