Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:26:46 +0100
From:      Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
To:        Saikat Kanjilal <numofbeast@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, eivind@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request

The recommended work for any new developper of FreeBSD (did I say
welcome ?) is to search in the PR (problem reports) database on the
FreeBSD web site, to take one problem and then give a solution
(generally as a patch to the sources of the OS)

when you are done, find some committer of FreeBSD and bother him until
he/she will integrate your changes in the core OS (then, take another
problem)

	TfH

Saikat Kanjilal wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
> I am writing this letter to volunteer my time to the following areas of the
> freeBSD project....
>
> Implement Int13 vm86 disk driver.
> Port existing ISA drivers to new architecture.
> Move all interrupt-management code to appropriate parts of the bus drivers.
> Port PCI subsystem to new architecture
> Kernel issues.
> Add more pro-active security infrastructure.
> Security and cryptography
>
> Please let me know how and why I can immediately get involved with code.
>
> Thanks
> Saikat

Thierry Herbelot