Date:      Wed, 1 Jun 2022 15:47:58 -0700
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ice Lake / C621A supported, or anyone actually running on it?

On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 02:04:00PM +0100, Karl Pielorz wrote:
| We're looking at some new kit which is Intel Ice Lake (Xeon Scaleable 3rd
| Gen) - apparently based on C621A chipset.
|
| I can't find anyone (e.g. via search engine) running FBSD on this - so just
| wondered what the chances are it would boot /work? Or if anyone actually
| has it running on this kit? NIC's don't seem too outlandish (Intel i350) -
| but it has 'flexible' bays which can apparently host SATA3 or nvme drives -
| which looks concerning - support wise...

FreeBSD current seems to run on Ice Lake, Rome & Milan that $work
makes ...  Finally got a VIC driver limping along to UEFI PXE boot our
blade or rack servers.  Some systems support SATA/SAS and NVME u.2 but
not in tri-mode.  Some systems have the u.2 NVME routed to the CPU directly
or through a switch.  I bounce them between Linux and FreeBSD as needed.

Doug A.