Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:02:52 +0200
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Warren Welch <wwelch@intraceptives.com.au>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SATA drive problem...

and I have read your post few hours ago, you are using Sil 3112 right?
The thing is that I decided to spend like $100 and get a new board.
I actually tried via+promise sata with 4 ports in one board and then
tried ich5, both worked nicely (well I had some problems but later I
figured out it was faulty memory)

But it was working nicely before they made some things to ATAng at
Sun Aug 24 09:22:26 2003 UTC (5 months, 2 weeks ago) by sos
Look from here.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ata/ata-chipset.c

You can cvsup to that date! or a day before. and make buildworld.

I even had the command in my supfile commented
#*default date=2003.08.24.00.00.00

If you take your computer back to this date, it will work nicely.
and I dont know if anything after this date works good. Because after
few weeks, when I realized that I cant cvsup to a newer version anymore,
I bought new board etc.

I dont know what else you can do short of buying a pci sata card or a
mainboard which has a better SATA chip or buying another motherboard.
Which costs almost the same as each other.

Let me know if you find any other solution for this Sil3112 chip. If you
can make it work with latest current cvsup's of freebsd.

Thanks
Evren