Date:      Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:52:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jeff Palmer <scorpio@drkshdw.org>
To:        Hayden Katzenellenbogen <haydenk@nextlevelinternet.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Extra Line in my inetd.conf

You have been hacked.

this line simply opens up a shell (/bin/sh) in interactive mode (-i) on
the port "dlip"  as specified in your /etc/services file. (typically 7201)

I'd advise taking that machine OFF the network,  and perform an audit.
Refer to online documentation on how to diagnose, analyze, and cure the
exploit the attacker used to penetrate your system.  Then  apply that
knowledge to the newly FORMATted machine.  (Yes,  I recommend a full
format/reinstall of the OS)

Jeff Palmer
scorpio@drkshdw.org