Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2012 12:46:52 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: bsdpan-* ports, portmanager, and "@comment ORIGIN:"

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 12:25:39 -0400
Daniel Staal articulated:

{SNIP}

>Which would be fine, if annoying, if everything actually was available
>in Ports.  But it's not: I'm using several modules that aren't
>available from Ports, and of course the modules I'm *developing*
>aren't available from Ports.

Which specific modules are not available? In the past I had to port a
few Perl modules into FreeBSD or else install them via CPAN as you have
done. If it is a simple module, I can show you how to do it or make a
port for it myself. Also, you should be aware that many modules are
available in the ports system, but not under the correct CPAN name.
Don't ask why; I did once and got so much BS that I just abandoned the
question.

--
Jerry ♔