Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 17:27:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   SMP problem.

Being relatively new to FreeBSD vs SMP, I will plead ignorance, but not
lack of exuberance... :)

Digital ZX6000, P6-200, 2CPU's, 256MB RAM, FreeBSD 3.0 cvsup'd from 8/20.

I built the SMP-GENERIC kernel with the 1.2.1 DPT patches.

System boots OK, makes it to "changing root to sd0a".

Then prints:

APIC_IO: routing 8254 via pin 2
de0: enabling 100baseTX port

And then nada.  Locked up tight.  Booting the UNI kernel works fine.
I can't get into DDB or anything.

Tips appreciated.

I am installing the latest BIOS now, (I was 1 rev behind), but would be
skeptical of that actually helping.

The box ran Solaris 2.5.1 SMP just fine, albeit with a Mylex instead of
DPT.  So I'm hoping it's something simple.