Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:50:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      geniusj <geniusj@unixrules.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   sscape_mss0 borked? (fwd)

This has been a problem that has been around ever since  I began using the
-CURRENT tree.. actually, shortly after on a cvsup.. Anyhoo, I have had
the problem throughout multiple installworlds/kernel builds, etc.. The
problem is mainly that sscape_mss on my Ensoniq Soundscape (original)
skips when playing mp3s and other things.. I get a lot of static,a nd the
longer it plays, the more it happens.. This does not happen in any other
OS and it did not happen in 3.x either.. .. I'm thinking that maybe there
is a memory leak in the driver or something.. because it takes time to
take effect, it is not immediate, but definitely a bug.. If anyone has
this problem or would like to help me with it.. please do :).. I am pretty
sure this is a bug, but if it isn't, i'll do whatever I have to do to fix
it, it's quite annoying :-).. If this is a bug, please fix it soon, no
matter how trivial sound might seem to some of the people on this
list.. Thanks in advance :)

Below is dmesg output..
Cheers,
Jason DiCioccio

------- dmesg output -------

sscape0 at port 0x330 irq 9 on isa0
snd0: <Ensoniq Soundscape> snd0: <MPU-401 0.0  Midi interface>
sscape_mss0 at port 0x534 irq 5 drq 1 on isa0
snd0: <SoundScape (AD1848)>
WARNING: "snd" is usurping "snd"'s cdevsw[]