Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2017 17:27:32 -0700
From:      Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@baywinds.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openvpn

Doug,

I use a pfsense firewall with an openvpn server installed.  I connect from Android, iOS, OS X, Windows and Linux.  The vpn connection use a separate subnet from my "normal" subnet
and simply routed in.  No port forwarding needed that way.  Because the pfsense firewall is the default route, all server automatically are able to reach the vpn subnet because all
non-lan traffic goes there and is then directed as needed.

Bruce