Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 10:21:15 -0400
From:      James Housley <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp problems on 4.3-RELEASE and PPPoE

I have been having problems with the the newer Windows machines, 2000 &
Me, not being able to access some websites.  I have had to manually edit
the registry to change the MTU.  This should not be needed, because I am
running 4.3-RELEASE which has had the tcpmssfixup feature for a while.
It is enabled.  Unfortunately this maching is in an office in Canada,
and I am not in Canada.  I am using natd and ipfw for NAT and the
firewall.  The link has a static IP if it matters.  Below I am attaching
ppp.conf.  I have watched some of the data with tcpdump on both tun0 and
ed0, but I am not sure what to look for.

Suggestion on how to proceed.

Jim

---- ppp.conf ----
default:
 ident user-ppp VERSION (built COMPILATIONDATE)

 # Ensure that "device" references the correct serial port
 # for your modem. (cuaa0 = COM1, cuaa1 = COM2)
 #
 set device /dev/cuaa1

 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 set speed 115200
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \
           \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
 set timeout 180                        # 3 minute idle timer (the
default)
 add default HISADDR                    # Add a (sticky) default route
 enable dns                             # request DNS info (for
resolv.conf)

magma:
 ident
 set device PPPoE:ed0
 set MRU 1492
 set MTU 1492
 set authname **************
 set authkey *******
 set log Phase Chat Connect
 set dial
 set login
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
 set timeout 0
 set server +3000 *******
 enable tcpmssfixup
 disable dns