Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 17:24:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Gary Palmer <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.0b2 [Solution & Summary]

On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Gary Palmer wrote:
> ARGH. An IDEAL opportunity for a conversion. Well, what are you
> waiting for? Is that guy still running Linux?!? :)

I don't think he would gain anything in converting.  He runs his ISP
on Linux, I run mine on FreeBSD.  We both have the same kinds of
problems.  At this point its not the OS that determins the problems
you have, just the rest of the crap.

> (I'm mostly joking btw :) )

Yep, there is a linux box at home that we use for a termainal
server...

It dials the net and we hook terminals to it.  The only reason its
running linux is that it would be too much of a bitch to reinstall
something else... The drive had linux on it so we used it.

Linux is a kernel, FreeBSD is an OS.  If you are trying to
compare the two, compare apples to apples.

Have a good one.

| Matthew N. Dodd   | winter@jurai.net    | http://www.jurai.net/~winter    |
| Technical Manager | mdodd@intersurf.net | http://www.intersurf.net        |
| InterSurf Online  | "Welcome to the net Sir, would you like a handbasket?"|