Date:      Mon, 4 Nov 2002 00:12:26 +0200
From:      "Petri Helenius" <pete@he.iki.fi>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   bpf

I believe the select operation on bpf is not functioning as supposed to.
I´m calling select with 100ms timeout. The bpf interface is listening to
an interface with constant packet rate, so it´s certain that multiple packets
have been received during the select call. However the fd for the bpf
device is not set until the bpf buffer is full. (which might be several seconds
away since I´m using fairly large bpf buffers)

Looking at the code I get the impression that if there are packets on the bpf
buffer when the select timeouts, it should return the fd for the bpf ?

Pete