Date:      Mon, 07 Nov 2022 02:42:00 +0000
From:      void <void@f-m.fm>
To:        "Peter Grehan" <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: trying to attach another disk to openbsd72 bhyve guest

Hi,

On Sun, 6 Nov 2022, at 11:16, Peter Grehan wrote:
> I tried this out with 7 disks, 6 added post-install, and OpenBSD 7.2 was
> able to see them. Info appended.

Managed to "fix" it :D - the tl;dr version is "select GPT and not MBR"
because if GPT isn't selected, an msdos efi partition isn't created and
that's why my previous attempts (apart from the vm where I made a msdos
partition manually before installation) failed.

This part in the initial installation process:

# Use (W)hole disk MBR, whole disk (G)PT or (E)dit? [whole] G
# An EFI/GPT disk may not boot. Proceed? [no] <<<== this bit

Is GPT "inferred" by BHYVE_UEFI.fd?

thanks,