Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:30:15 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "'Dave [Hawk-Systems]'" <dave@hawk-systems.com>, "'Ralph Huntington'" <rjh@mohawk.net>
Cc:        "'Drew Tomlinson'" <drew@mykitchentable.net>, <isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Fw: FrontPage 2002 Extensions Help

For nearly 6 years now, I've had Apache+SSL+FP running without issue.
The last box I built was nearly 2 years ago, and has been in production
ever since:

  Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) mod_perl/1.24 PHP/4.0.4
  FrontPage/4.0.4.3 mod_ssl/2.7.1 OpenSSL/0.9.6

Needless to say, I'm desperate to get this thing upgraded.  But over the
last 2 months, I've patched, built, fiddled, scrubed, patched, built,
fiddled, and fiddled some more.  I'm blue in the face over this, and
I've given up on the bastard configuration.

I too have thought about setting up a Win2k box to host FP sites.
Reliability isn't an issue, my Win2k boxes are as reliable as my FreeBSD
boxes (both would stay up for years at a time if I wanted).  No, my
problem with Win2k web servers is security.

I'm getting very close to scrap the whole hosting thing, and find
someone else to provide such services for my customers.  With as few
sites as I have, it's not profitable anyways.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks