Date:      Tue, 1 Jan 2013 01:33:44 +1100
From:      "Michael Vale" <masked@internode.on.net>
To:        "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@juniper.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cross Compiling of ports Makefiles.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon J. Gerraty
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 5:00 AM
To: Michael Vale
Cc: freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org ; freebsd-arch@freebsd.org ;
freebsd-ports@freebsd.org

>Doing the same thing could also prevent the need for a DESTDIR JAIL
>install at all and just use the real build machine’s build env, rather
>than a jail.  Regardless.  We still have to install these targets and
>their DESTDIR is skewed.  There is a few options,

I think I know what you mean, but not clear on the "their DESTDIR is
skewed" bit.

I'm not sure what I meant here either.  Thank-you for taking the time to
read the entire e-mail! :)

>One is to have a MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX like option, and redefine every
>target’s DESTDIR ${makeobjDESTDIR} before running do-install.  Now i’ve
>yet to complete this stage, but I believe this is the way to do it.

Would it be sufficient to have an INSTALL_PREFIX and/or INSTALL_DESTDIR
so that DESTDIR can be different during install ?
[I was recently experimenting with something similar...]

So how would that work?

pre-install:
INSTALL_DESTDIR=/usr/obj/crossoutroot/
DESTDIR=${INSTALL_DESTDIR}

do-install:

?  I will try something like that.

Thank-you for taking the time to reply Simon,

Michael Vale.

-----
No virus found in this message.

-----