Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2016 22:18:50 +0200
From:      Andreas Tobler <andreast-list@fgznet.ch>
To:        Tom Vijlbrief <tvijlbrief@gmail.com>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on the ODroid-C2 (arm64 AMLogic S905)

Hi Tom,

On 12.05.16 18:04, Tom Vijlbrief wrote:
> Op vr 6 mei 2016 om 12:40 schreef Tom Vijlbrief <tvijlbrief@gmail.com>:
>
>> I've been hacking to see if I can get FreeBSD to boot on this little
>> device, and I got to this:
>>

> Progress has been made and it now boots and USB-works :-)
> (but SD-card reader and Ethernet do not)
>
> Mikaƫl Urankar added the code to enable multiple processors,
> but for now multiple processors are disabled.
>
> This is very much a work in progress, but for those who would like to
> compile their own kernel and boot it on an Odroid-C2, get it from:
>
> https://github.com/tomtor/freebsd/tree/tc2
>
> and build it with:
>
> make TARGET=arm64 -s buildworld
> make TARGET=arm64 buildkernel KERNCONF=ODROIDC2 NO_MODULES=YES

I tried and I ended up here:

cd: /export/devel/build/test/freebsd-tc2/sys/boot/arm64/aml: No such
file or directory

I think here is something missing.

> I have attached an USB disk and an USB ethernet adapter and the system
> boots, NTP adjusts the date and I'm logged in with SSH.
>
> However, a "portsnap fetch" runs a long time and then exits with:
> pid 78242 (sh), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped), so it is
> obviously not ready for general use.
>
> Boot instructions are here:
>
> https://github.com/tomtor/image-freebsd-c2

The boot process stops and complains filesystems not known. Might be the
card.

I also tried to build against -CURRENT but the kernel (tftp booted) just
hangs.

The board itself is ok, linux does boot.

Are you able to update your tree and commit?

TIA,
Andreas