Date:      Sun, 04 Jun 2006 11:45:15 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: namebased VPS using JAIL

Hallo Yudai Yamagishi,

> I'm trying to serve several VPS for my friends.
> But, IP addresses costs too much here in Japan.
> So, I only have 1 WAN IP.

> For example, I want to create a VPS called vps1.
> I'll assign vps1.mydomain.com as VPS's address.
> Then all network traffics for vps1.mydomain.com will go to vps1.
> Same with other VPSs by the way.

> Is this possible using JAIL?

No .. each jail need an different IP.

You can redirect traffic fro your WAN Ip to diffrent jails,
but this solves not your problem.

To allow diifrent "named" Services on one WAN IP,
you need to do this in the server application.

Vsftpd and apache do support "Virtual Hosts"
so you can map HTTP and FTP services on
the name used by the client to access this IP.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]
http://people.freebsd.org/~dinoex/errorlogs/