Date:      Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:58:53 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        monarci <josh@monarci.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recurring ICMP Bad Checksum Warning

On Jul 14, 2011, at 5:18 AM, monarci wrote:
> I am currently running a company's FreeBSD web server and I am constantly
> receiving the ICMP Bad Checksum warning.

You most likely have a NIC with hardware checksum capabilities; tcpdump sees outgoing packets before the hardware generates the checksums.  You can double-check by sniffing the traffic from a laptop connected to a monitoring port of the switch, or put a hub in place for testing so that the laptop also receives the traffic.

Regards,
--
-Chuck