Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:44:01 +0200
From:      Thomas Gellekum <Thomas.Gellekum@gmx.de>
To:        Heiner Strauss <heiner_ej@yahoo.de>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade of eclipse-devel to 3.7.0

On 07/17/11 22:46, Heiner Strauss wrote:
> Am 07/12/11 17:33, schrieb Thomas Gellekum:
>>
>> Also: I noticed plugins installed as a normal user don't work. I have
>> no clue yet where that regression comes from. Workaround: install
>> additional plugins as root.
 >
> That problem apeared with 3.6 too. There was a solution.

I think that was 3.5, when p2 was introduced; 3.6 works fine for me.

I used to set "org.eclipse.update.reconcile=true" in config.ini in the
3.5 days, but that's an ugly workaround (which also works with 3.7, at
the cost of increased startup time).

I've checked the Linux distribution in the meantime and that handles
shared installations just fine. The respective configurations look
identical, which seems to point to problems in our build.

tg