Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:32:22 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "Upgrade from source" tutorial

Hi,

As per my earlier announcement I've just finished and uploaded the latest
version of my "How to upgrade from source" tutorial.

Currently, it's on my own webspace at my ISP. What would the documentation
powers that be like me to do with it now?

Specifically, the tutorial 'package' consists of:

   - An SGML source file (marked up with DocBook)

   - A translation of this file to HTML

   - A Makefile to simplify the translation process

   - A Perl script to assist in finding files that have changed in /etc
     between upgrades

If possible, I'd like to see it folded into the handbook as a part of
the "Staying current with FreeBSD" section. This is work I can (probably)
do myself. I now have a dial-up Internet connection and sufficient resources
to maintain local copies of the 'src' and 'doc' CVS repositories.

This would also let me assist in the LinuxDoc -> DocBook conversion project.

Alternatively, I can provide a diff to the HTML (or SGML) source that's
currently on the FreeBSD site and submit it with send-pr.

Or the link on the FreeBSD site at <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html>;
could be changed just to point to my copy.

--+==[ Nik Clayton is Just Another Perl Hacker at Interactive Investor ]==+--
			     . . . and relax