Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 19:33:17 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Admin <admin@sutv.wgtn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: slow ethernet

Admin wrote:

> Ok, i have a freebsd server set up, and whenever i do a ftp into it, over
> a 10 mbps ethernet connection, all the faster i can get it to download at
> is around 600kbps what do i have to do to speed this up??

Provide us with more info? - Like what network card it is, what bus the
network card is connected to, whether it's on it's own 'segment', or whether
it's sharing it's segment (and if so, with roughly how many PC's)...

Theres lots of things that can effect this, but to be any help - we need more
info :-)

Regards,

Karl