Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:27:21 -0400
From:      Jason Stephenson <jjas@engr.uky.edu>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4 -> RELENG_4_3

Over the weekend, I went from RELENG_4 to RELENG_4_3, but I did by wiping my
system partitions (/, /usr, /var) and reinstalling 4.3 from CD-ROM. Then, I
cvsup'd to RELENG_4_3 and the latest ports. I finally reinstalled everything
that I need from ports.

I thought of doing it with a cvsup and decided that the easiest thing for me
would just be the course I followed above.

From what I've seen in the past with using cvsup and cvs in similar
situations, backing out broken changes from checked out sources, you should
be able to do what you want with no problems.

Make sure that you remember to run mergemaster after doing the make
installworld. This will guarantee that you get the right devices and
configuration files. You'll probably want to install the "new" versions of
any files it asks you about and go back and edit them by hand, or replace
them from back ups, with your local changes.