Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:59:57 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, KDE FreeBSD List <kde-freebsd@lists.csociety.org>
Subject:   Re: kde-look.org stuff

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 12:02:01PM +0100, Miguel Mendez wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Quite some interesting stuff is posted on www.kde-look.org, of which I've
>created a port for one of the items (kdewinacqua_ace). My idea is taking the
>most rated themes, window decorations and icon collections and port them to
>FreeBSD. Now how do suggest this could be done?
>
>	a) Expand the kde-artwork port

I wouldn't do this, since it's an "official" kde tarball.

>	b) create a new big port with all the kde-look stuff

No, there's always gonna be folks who don't want to install the whole
bloody thing.

>	c) create independent ports (like the kwinacqua_ace one)
Yes, and ...

Create a meta-port x11-wm/kdelook, which then uses dependencies to pull
in individual ports, like the kde2 port does.

--
Alan Eldridge
Pmmfmffmmfmp mmmpppppffmpmfpmpppff $PffMmmPppMpmPpfPpm mfpmmmmmfpmpmpppff.