Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2006 22:01:03 +0800
From:      LI Xin <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        Henry Vogt <hv@tuebingen.mpg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update the src ?

--------------enigB5BA0579312231CFBE98691E

Henry Vogt wrote:
>=20
> After using the new portsnap utility for a while with great success, i
> tried to update the (current) src tree with the
> also new freebsd-update utility, but  all i got (tried several times
> within several weeks) is:
>=20
> # freebsd-update fetch
> Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 1 mirrors found.
> Fetching public key from update1.FreeBSD.org... failed.
> No mirrors remaining, giving up.
>=20
>=20
> Did i miss something or isn't it just ready for use ?
> Thanx in advance for any insight.

freebsd-update is a binary update tool which is typically used to do
binary updates, e.g. 6.1-p9 -> 6.1-p10, etc.  I'm not sure whether it's
on Colin's world domination plan to have a src/ update as well :-)

I think the base version of freebsd-update would be ready (with
update.FreeBSD.org, of course) at the time we will release 6.2-R.

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!