Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2012 18:19:05 +0300
From:      Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: curl error: SSL_write() returned SYSCALL, errno = 32

Hello again!

> Recently I upgraded a lot of ports on one of our FreeBSD 7.4
> servers. Among others I upgraded curl from 7.19.6 to 7.24.0, and php
> from 5.2.11 to 5.3.13. PHP's curl extension is also installed.
>
> After the upgrade, an application which tries to POST some data over
> https using PHP's curl_exec() function, is having trouble.
> curl_error() returns the following after the POST request:
>
> SSL_write() returned SYSCALL, errno = 32

Some modifications in PHP code made everything happy again.

1. Removed the Expect: 100-continue HTTP header from requests sent by
curl, by adding empty Expect: header
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, array('Expect: '));

2. Made sure CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS is an url-encoded query string instead
of being a plain PHP array:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, http_build_query($myarray));

--
Toomas Aas