Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 01:20:27 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Threaded C++ Question

Quoting David O'Brien <TrimYourCc@NUXI.com>:

> On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 05:38:33PM -0600, Jim King wrote:
> > I'd like to know too.  I plan on tackling Mozilla this weekend; it
> would be
> > nice if it was a no-brainer. :-)
>
> I was unable to get our mozilla port to segfault with with or without
> the
> patch I'm planning on committing.
>
> It would be quite helpful if people could explain how to experience the
> problem.

How to repeat the problem:
Make a vanilla install of 4.2-RELEASE.
Get a mozilla port without the explicit -lgcc_r (I don't remember the date, but
it can be checked in cvsweb).
make install.
The resulting binary will segfault when started.
You don't need to change anything else. I verified it by myself.
However, like I've said before - the binary from 4.1 will work fine (I'm still
using one on my home computer).

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]